Platform as a service (PaaS) is a complete development and deployment environment in the cloud, with resources that enable you to deliver everything from simple cloud-based apps to sophisticated, cloud-enabled enterprise applications. You purchase the resources you need from a cloud service provider on a pay-as-you-go basis and access them over a secure Internet connection.
Advantages of PaaS
- Cut coding time
- Add development capabilities without adding staff
- Develop for multiple platforms—including mobile—more easily
- Use sophisticated tools affordably
- Support geographically distributed development teams
- Efficiently manage the application lifecycle